Middlefork Savanna Workday – Lake County
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the magic at Middlefork! Your seed gathering will bring life and richness back to parts of the preserve that have fallen into darkness caused by invasive species AND help other preserves do the same by sharing seeds with other sites/volunteers.
As we transition into fall and winter work we will resume brush cutting. Stay warm around the brush pile fire and enjoy the community of sharing the work together!
Join in exploring off trail, taking a closer look, discussing the savanna ecology and human community, and enjoy some snacks!
- Hiking boots and long socks
- Long pants and long or short sleeved shirts, though temps will be cooler this weekend!
- Water bottle
- Optional: gardening gloves.
RSVP and questions directed to email@example.com
Things to know before you come:
- If you are not fully vaccinated, wear a mask if unable to social distance from others at the site.
- Bring water and a snack. Dress for the wilderness – this should include sturdy boots or shoes, a hat, bug spray, and sunscreen. Long pants and a long sleeve shirt are suggested.
- We work hard, but at our own pace, and we often take breaks to share snacks and share ideas and nature with each other.
If you are attending a workday at a nature preserve owned by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, please complete and bring the IDNR Volunteer Waiver to the workday when you attend.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy at 779-212-2785 or firstname.lastname@example.org